The Slitter Operator functions under the direct supervision of the Sr Process Engineer and Rollstock Manager. This position is responsible for operating a machine to slit continuous lengths of laminated film into specified widths that meet or exceed customer quality specifications.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Spaces rotary blades on machine shaft, according to width specified on slitting work order.
- Loads material on machine supports and threads material over tension bar.
- Starts machine and observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and/or winding.
- Moves levers to stop, start, and regulate speed of machine and to align material with rotary blades.
- Disengages winding shaft and removes finished rolls of material.
- Wraps rollstock in poly liners using core plugs. Labels, palletizes and fills out manifest for custom orders.
- Completes required documentation accurately and timely.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standard for line speeds, scrap and set-up times.
- Reports any necessary maintenance of the machine to the engineering department using a written work order.
- Reports any unsafe working conditions to the production supervisor.
- Participates in cross-training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE