Overnight Shift: 6p-6a, Monday-Friday
Sets up and operates rotogravure printing press to print designs on rolls of flexible plastic film by performing the following duties. Accountable and ultimately responsible for the quality and quantity of material produced and all related documentation.
- Ensure personal compliance with all company Quality System, Operational, and Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Ensures job and material is in order prior to machine set up. Performs set up and pushes button to activate press.
- Observes machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction. Makes corrections to alleviate out of specification product.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds, scrap and set up times.
- Loads and unloads roll stock.
- Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of cylinders as necessary.
- Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
- Cleans cylinders, cleans doctor blades, prepares doctor blades, and lubricates press as needed.
- Works cooperatively with the Quality Assurance department to ensure the delivery of high quality products.
- Completes required documentation and enters data into the computer database accurately and timely.
- Syteline transactions include but are not limited to accurate materials issue/withdraw to/from production jobs, job receipt finished goods, completion of applicable job operation.
- Responsible for press clean-up and transfer of waste to the satellite accumulation container.
- Inspects and prepares hazardous waste containers for shipment on a weekly basis.
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position.
- Other duties as assigned by management and supervisors.
HAZARDOUS WASTE RESPONSIBILITIES
This individual is responsible for handling and disposing of any hazardous waste associated with printing and laminating processes in accordance with county, state and/or federal guidelines. waste contingency plan alternate
- Place hazardous waste into correct containers.
- Label and mark hazardous waste containers properly.
- Place hazardous waste containers in storage area.
- Obtain containers for hazardous waste storage.
- Handle hazardous waste containers properly including keeping waste containers closed when not in used and grounding and bonding during the transfer of flammables.
- Respond to hazardous waste emergencies and spills.
- Performs weekly inspection of all containers, underground storage tank and the associated leak detection system and floor integrity.
- Annual Hazardous Waste Management Training.
- Contingency Plan Training
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE