Material Handling Associate
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of forklift operating experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
- Complete the necessary ProAmpac training program.
Hanover Park, IL: The Material Handler functions under the direct supervision of the Warehouse Lead. This position is responsible for loading, unloading, and moving materials within plant, prepares make-ready pallets for printing, slitting, pouch-making, and spouting operations by performing the following duties:
- Ensure personal compliance with all company Quality System, Operational, and Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Generates pick list or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be staged per job.
- Cooperates and coordinates with warehouse manager and other departments to ensure material availability based on production schedule and needs.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves either by hand or utilizing lifting equipment.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area and documents such movements.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on pick list.
- Attaches identifying barcodes or labels to materials or marks information on cases, or other containers.
- Operates forklift truck, electric hoist or pallet mover to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Cross trains in receiving, shipping; backs-up department as needed.
- Resolves inventory variances and participants in inventory cycle counts.
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position.
- Perform other assignments as requested by ProAmpac management.
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE